The Write Choice Learning Institute (WCLI) Grant Program was created to provide grant funding for continuing education and executive & professional development training for United States businesses. The program will provide grants to businesses that pay for preapproved, direct, training-related costs. Currently, companies may receive a grant opportunity up to 75 percent of the cost for training.
The program helps established United States businesses to upgrade the skills of their current employees, which provides enormous benefits to include:
• Increased Competitiveness
• Skilled Workforce
• Increased Productivity
• Increased Profits
• Company Growth
• Reduced Turnover
• Advancement Opportunities
• Increased Job Opportunities
• Industry Recognized Credentials
• Job Retention
• Transportable/Transferrable Skills
The 2022 grant cycle begins Feb. 15, 2022, and the application deadline is Dec. 31, 2022.
Applications may be submitted at any time during this funding cycle. Please note that applications will only remain active in our system for 90 days, and at the end of this period they will be automatically rejected.
Organizations may only submit a total number of 1 application and/or receive 1 grant within the 2022 grant cycle.
Management at the Write Choice Learning Institute (WCLI) to which you are applying will review the application and make initial funding recommendations on all submitted requests.
The WCLI manager and the grant administrator reserve the right to adjust the amount awarded to each organization without prior notice.
Organizations will be notified of any decision via e-mail. All funding decisions are final.
Companies applying for a WCLI grant must meet the following criteria:
- Be a “for-profit” company or “non-profit” company
- Be a hospital operated by a nonprofit in the United States.
- In operation for a minimum of one (1) year prior to the application date (as verified on your state business registration site).
- Provide a description of how the training is related to the competitiveness of both the business and the employee receiving training.
- Demonstrate financial viability by providing:
- Theirs most recently filed IRS Form 941 (if the business is a corporation) or a most recently filed copy of the 1040 Income Tax Return with Schedule SE (if the business is a Sole Proprietorship).
- A letter from your bank, on bank letterhead verifying your company, has done business for at least the last six (6) months and is in good standing will be required or a credit check will be completed.
- W-9 form (2018 or newer).
- Compliant with the nondiscrimination and equal opportunity provisions of Section 188 of the Workforce Investment Act of 1998; Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973; Age Discrimination Act of 1975; Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and with 29 C.F.R. Part 37.
- Have at least one full-time employee (must be United States Resident AND W-2 employee). The employee W-2 must match the company name that is on the application. For a sole proprietor where the business owner is the only employee, the sole proprietor may be considered as the full-time employee.
- Not-for-profit agencies or organizations.
- Retail establishments.
- Have an annual sales of at least $200,000 per annum.
*The FEIN on all documents must be the same.
The following businesses are not eligible to apply for funds under this program:
- Entities whose administrations are comprised only of volunteers.
- Local Workforce Development Boards and their administrative entities.
- Labor unions.
- Federal, state, county, or city governmental entities [Note: This does not apply to hospitals operated by nonprofit or local government entities in the United States.
- Businesses that received a WCLI GRANT award in the current or previous program year.
- Presents live performances of a prurient sexual nature or derives, directly or indirectly, more than a de minimis (not more than 5 percent) gross revenue through the sale of products or services or the presentation of any depictions or displays of a prurient sexual nature.
- Makes less than $200,000 in sales per annum.
All grant applications are made subject to a review of the organization’s reputation and activities and its agreement to comply with applicable terms and conditions. Submission of an application does not guarantee funding.
Create An Account And Apply Here